Hello, educators and librarians! Are you still floating from those ALAYMA announcements this morning? I know I am. I’m thrilled for all the winners!
At the same time, I’m thinking about the other big event this week: World Read Aloud Day. I’m SUPER BUMMED I’m not able to participate this year, but I still want to find a way to celebrate. So here’s the deal:
- My publisher has sent me 7000+ (yes you read that right!) PROJECT FLUFFY bookmarks (photo evidence above).
- I’d like to give away most of these to your students. I’ll be picking the first winner for this giveaway. Each winner will receive 500 bookmarks (enough for an ENTIRE SCHOOL, hooray!) and a signed copy of PROJECT FLUFFY for your library!
- ENTER TO WIN by posting a review of ANY Infamous Ratsos or Bland Sisters story on Amazon, then email me your contact info here.
- Even if you don’t win, I’ll still send you 25 bookmarks (enough for one classroom, or to use as reading rewards).
- This contest will run until 12:01am EST on Friday, February 1st. US entries only.
Good luck, and HAPPY READING!
UPDATE: The first winner is Kimberly McDermid! Congratulations!
Hello, friends. If you order my latest Infamous Ratsos adventure, Project Fluffy, from my local indie bookstore by October 31st, I’ll sign it and personalize it AND send you a snazzy bookmark! (Just indicate how you want it personalized in the order comments.)
And of course, if you like the book, please consider leaving a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads!
Hello, all! Thanks so everyone who participated in my pre-order contest for The Infamous Ratsos Are Not Afraid. As mentioned, EVERYONE who entered will receive a signed bookplate and a bookmark for each preordered copy, but the grand prize winner of the Infamous FUNTIME Prize Pack (which includes 1. a copy of The Infamous Ratsos Are Not Afraid AND a copy of The Infamous Ratsos, both signed by me AND Matt Myers, 2. a pack of (new INFAMOUS RATSOS character!) Stinky Stanko’s favorite purple pens, and 3. a Skype visit from me with the library or classroom of your choice) is…*drumroll please*
Please drop me an email and let me know your mailing address, as well as how you’d like me to personalize your bookplate(s). (And Sharon, we can work out the details re: the Skype visit.)
Thanks so much again to you all!!
(Book trailer by my pal Gaia Cornwall!)
Hooray, hooray — it’s my book’s birthday! The second book in the INFAMOUS RATSOS series, THE INFAMOUS RATSOS ARE NOT AFRAID, is now available wherever books are sold, so go to your local indie or Amazon or Barnes & Noble and get yourself one (or more)!
Many thanks, as ever, to my editor Sarah Ketchersid, and artistic genius Matt Myers, for bringing my words to life, and to my publisher, Candlewick Press, for sharing my Infamous stories with the world. I’m so excited about this book, especially because it deals with a topic that’s very important to me (and that’s important now more than ever): bravery. I hope it inspires some good conversations — here’s a handy discussion guide to get you started!
If that’s not exciting enough, today is also the publication day for the paperback edition of the first INFAMOUS RATSOS story! You can also buy it through your local indie or Amazon or Barnes & Noble. It deals with the topic of kindness, and it’s also a great conversation starter (discussion guide here).
In the meantime, I am finishing up the text for Book Three of THE INFAMOUS RATSOS series, while ALSO finishing up the text for Book Three of The Unintentional Adventures of the Bland Sisters series. Whew! I’m a LITTLE tired, but otherwise no complaints.
Hope I’ll see you at one of my book events this fall — check out my schedule to see if I’ll be appearing near you!
Hello, friends! Check out this handy-dandy little calendar of my appearances this fall — spread the word! Hope I might see you at one or more of these, along with any kiddos you might know!
Hello, friends. So, the next book in the INFAMOUS RATSOS series, The Infamous Ratsos Are Not Afraid, is due to publish in September 12th. Hurrah!
In honor of this occasion, I’m going to run a little contest over the next month (from today, 8/11, until pub day on 9/12). Here’s how it works:
- If you pre-order The Infamous Ratsos Are Not Afraid from your local indie or Amazon or Barnes & Noble, email me (at email@example.com) a photo of your receipt along with your mailing address. I’ll send you a personalized, signed bookplate and a bookmark for each copy purchased!
- If you promote the book on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, email me (at firstname.lastname@example.org) a screenshot and I’ll also send you a signed bookplate and bookmark!
- If you do any of the aforementioned things, you’ll be entered to win an INFAMOUS FUNTIME PRIZE PACK, including 1. a copy of The Infamous Ratsos Are Not Afraid AND a copy of The Infamous Ratsos, both signed by me AND Matt Myers, 2. a pack of (new INFAMOUS RATSOS character!) Stinky Stanko’s favorite purple pens, and 3. a Skype visit from me with the library or classroom of your choice, where I’ll read from the book, answer questions, and send along some swag for the audience!
Think you can handle all this Infamous fun? As Louie and Ralphie might say, GAME ON!
Friends, I have a new book coming out in September! The second book (of four!) in the Infamous Ratsos series, The Infamous Ratsos Are Not Afraid, will pub on September 12. As Louie and Ralphie might say, Game ON!
Just as the first book was all about what it means to be “tough” (and how much easier it is to be kind), the second book is about different types of fear, and what it means to be brave. So far, Kirkus Reviews says, “Readers will be following right alongside these two likable rats as Ralphie confronts his past misdeeds and Louie screws his courage to the sticking post” and calls it “Charming.”
If you’re looking for ways to support the book (and me as an author!)…
- Please spread the word about this book and series, especially to any parent, teacher, and librarian friends you might know!
- If you want to buy the book, don’t wait until September 12! Preorder the book (either through your local indie or via Barnes & Noble or Amazon), as substantial preorders really help the book’s standing.
- If you can’t swing buying the book, please consider telling your local library (and/or school library!) to add it to their shelf.
- Once you DO read the book (and hopefully like it!), please consider posting a review on Amazon; once a book receives 50 reviews, Amazon really starts showcasing it.
FYI, I’ll be doing a series of local author appearances at bookstores this fall, AND I’m so thrilled I’ll be attending the Book Fair By the Sea in Camden, Maine this month, the Rhode Island Book Festival in Providence in October, and nErDCampLI in Huntington, NY in November. Check out my Events and Appearances page for all the details!
Also, I’m booking school visits and Skype visits for the fall. I LOVE visiting with kids and talking about my books and writing in general (and running writing workshops, too!), so please drop me a line and let me know if you’d like to set something up.
More fun news to come — stay tuned!!